1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tensazan, Feb 8, 2012.

1. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

No update for me yet.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. John566

John566 Newbie

I installed the newest update this morning and I'm still getting the stock browser hang where it asks if I want to "Wait" or "Report". I can always click "Wait" right after that and it works great again for a while. I was really hopping the update would fix this. Anyone else getting that error before or after the update? Thanks.

newtech likes this.
  3. Ibrick

Ibrick Android Expert

Apparently this update caps your CPU speeds at 1.3 even in performance mode, and will not allow the CPU to drop below 475mhz.

Where previously cap was 1.4, and it would sleep at 100mhz.

I believe this is to help with the random reboots until they get that worked out, but in the meantime battery life is gonna take a hit.

I'm actually glad I'm on 11.1 so I'm not being forced to take this one as it seems like a step backwards IMO.

4. Hodroid

Hodroid Lurker

Has anyone tried to download this update and have it fail? I have on several occasions. I was wondering, that since I WAS rooted, and that I have edited my build.prop, that perhaps that is the reason why it isn't updating correctly.

Could someone post their build.prop file so that I may verify that I have it back to where it needs to be?

Thanks in advance!

5. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

theres a lot of people on XDA reporting the update has failed for them.

Many rooted people were able to update tho, and then restore root using voodoo or whatever

6. John566

John566 Newbie

I sure hope their is another update next week because I just got another random reboot on (.13). The only thing I had done since the update this morning is a bit of web browsing in the stock browser. Very disappointing. I wonder if a restore would take care of it. I was in the browser when it rebooted.

7. newtech

newtech Newbie

Yes, I started getting it after the upgrade. Didn't notice it before. Two steps forward one back.

8. MKeditor

MKeditor Well-Known Member

Got it. Running great before. Hard to tell if it improved.

9. davidchsw

davidchsw Well-Known Member

I got the update today. GPS now works, 5 to 7 satellites in view. Before I never got one sat. Wifi speeds 9m down, 10m down. It seems better but I didn't do before and after tests. No change with stock browser.

HiphopAndroid likes this.
  10. HiphopAndroid

HiphopAndroid Newbie

I got my TFP from games top online last month ,bundle package. My Wi-Fi has been fine since day 1 GPS worked here and there when I tested it for these forums comparisons. The you tube app has been buggy since day 1 ,flashes and flickering etc. Turned my prime on yesterday at 5 pm est, and update notification was there, updated and did notice wi-fi signal was a little bit stronger using Wi-Fi anylizer app. You tube stopped working yesterday but is fine today , found out on other forums it was a issue you tube was having yesterday and not the update.was able to get GPS sattelites for the first time in doors last night but couldn't lock on . My feelings on GPS , on Wi-Fi I don't need it , off Wi-Fi I would use my phone anyways. All in all my prime is working fine . You tube needs to be updated by the app maker to work better and I don't get the browser freeze anymore. Hope this is helpful to someone because I used these forums in my decision to buy the prime.

11. Hodroid

Hodroid Lurker

For those of you who have tried to update and it results in a failure...

Ladies and Gentleman, I have found the cure. After much digging, I have come to the conclusion that my current build (9.4.11) was not complete (something was missing). So, the only way to get the update is to fix the current version. I did this by re-installing the firmware update 9.4.11. This replaced everything. From there, I simply checked for an update and found one, downloaded and then installed.

Now I run 9.4.13.

For those of you who think this might help. Go over to support.asus.com and type in tf201 within the search to the right. From there, move down to Firmware and download the 9.4.11 they have provided. Once that's downloaded, unzip and place in the /sdcard of your internal memory. Go into your Settings > Apps > All > DMClient > Clear Data. After that is complete, shut down your tablet and then start it back up. Once at the home screen, it will find the update. Confirm the update and let it go. After it has gone through the motions and rebooted, search for the update (9.4.13) manually and it will be found. Then it will do what it needs to do. Let it go and you SHOULD be okay.

Good Luck! :D

Thanks to the people over at XDA Developers who helped me come to my conclusion!

(thread at XDA Developers where I found my conclusion)

BaronGrim and rsarno like this.
  12. Shocky

Shocky Android Expert

Still no update on the website for WW and auto update finds nothing. :(

13. MiscBec

MiscBec Newbie

Has anyone outside of the US gotten the update yet? I'm on 9.4.2.11 (WW)...

Edit: Upon reading the ASUS statements in the other threads, it would appear that this update is a US-only thing. I'd be interested to know what version of ICS other countries have managed to get upgraded to thus far though...

14. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Member

Ugh do I want to have to reroot or just say F'it for now.......

15. gordonwd

gordonwd Well-Known Member

There are a number of reports over on XDA in the "ASUS official lockup/reboot" thread that people with the .13 update are getting a situation where the tablet powers off (or something) while in sleep mode so that when they press the power button to wake it, it boots up instead of just waking up.

Anyone here seen that issue?

16. HiphopAndroid

HiphopAndroid Newbie

my battery seems to drain alot faster after the update ? anyone else notice this ? i hope im not right .

17. blaxican25

blaxican25 Android Expert

18. Lyvewire

Lyvewire Android Enthusiast

You are right. I noticed this as well. I would charge mines before. If I didnt touch it at work. It wouldnt literally stay between 98-100% at work if I didnt touch it. Now I noticed its starts trickling down at same settings faster. 90% or less sometimes..Wifi & etc off.

I regret not staying on Gingerbread when everything was good. (all browsers freezing and reset now).

I won a Ipad 2 at job raffle, sold it for $600 and bought this. Now considering selling my mine for $650 w/dock and getting a Ipad 3 in a few weeks.smh.. Something I'd never think I'd do..I hope this next update fixes these issues.And no I dont care about GPS. The wifi on the other hand should be up to par..

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews