1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New update!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Skeeter125, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Android Enthusiast

2. liteon163

liteon163 Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will drop before the NFL Draft, seeing as though NFL Mobile is being updated. That would mean it would be ready by the 25th...

3. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

There was zero change to Android itself from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6 for phones other than the Nexus, but it appears the LG-skinned apps and theme is slightly updated. I'm probably going to pass on taking the OTA until we get 4.0.

4. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Android Enthusiast

Bug and security fixes

5. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

Yea, for the Nexus. Believe me, I researched it when I was working on an AOSP for my Droid. Google only released 2.3.6 to fix a wifi issue on Canadian phones from a change to the voice search. I believe the voice search app is updated and fixed, so compiling 2.3.5 fixes the issue they resolved with the later release.

6. sonicmerlin

sonicmerlin Newbie

I wish they'd fix the battery charging "feature" that limits you to 450 mA no matter what kind of charger you use. Makes you lose battery as you use the phone even if it's plugged in, and it takes forever to charge.

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews