• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New update

So uh, I realized I'm an idiot and forgot to wipe. But hey, I also fixed ADB on boot. THIS BOOTS!!! 3G data, calls, and text work. Wifi and camera do not. Settings is finicky, the security tab crashes. But hey, some progress! And you can bet I'll have WiFi soon. Please help me test!

0UViXxK.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vt7ailnvlh2tiyb/sulu3.zip
MD5: 4106A0F3F0BE273B737538CDD9C1D2B2
Is this ported from warp 4g

Upvote 0
Got downloaded and flashed gets into boot loop any ideas I did factory reset formated data and so on
You did flash sulu3.zip after the partition updater?

Is this ported from warp 4g
Yes :)

I'm having a terrible time of trying to get the internal sdcard to mount. I rewrote init.qcom.rc to mount /data/media and when i remote to the phone with adb i can browse files fine, but using a file manager like ES File Exporer or navigating with Terminal Emulator I can't access /storage/sdcard0

But then there's this...
7ZY3s.jpg

So can anyone offer up some advice?

Upvote 0
You did flash sulu3.zip after the partition updater?

Yes :)

I'm having a terrible time of trying to get the internal sdcard to mount. I rewrote init.qcom.rc to mount /data/media and when i remote to the phone with adb i can browse files fine, but using a file manager like ES File Exporer or navigating with Terminal Emulator I can't access /storage/sdcard0

But then there's this...
7ZY3s.jpg

So can anyone offer up some advice?
Star kraving may have the answers

Upvote 0
sdcard0 isn't a direct mount, /data/media gets mounted to /mnt/shell/emulated and that is working fine. init.qcom.rc sets up a symlink between /mnt/shell/emulated and /storage/sdcard0

The part that is confusing me is if I ADB into the phone, I can see the files in /storage/sdcard0 just fine. But using the stock file browser, or ES File Explorer, or terminal emulator, and I see nothing. It's almost like a permissions issue. So what should I be looking at, logcat while trying to access that directory from an app?

Upvote 0
sdcard0 isn't a direct mount, /data/media gets mounted to /mnt/shell/emulated and that is working fine. init.qcom.rc sets up a symlink between /mnt/shell/emulated and /storage/sdcard0

The part that is confusing me is if I ADB into the phone, I can see the files in /storage/sdcard0 just fine. But using the stock file browser, or ES File Explorer, or terminal emulator, and I see nothing. It's almost like a permissions issue. So what should I be looking at, logcat while trying to access that directory from an app?
Definitely could be a permission issue. Is the kernel you're working with enforcing SELinux? Maybe try a permissive mode...that's of course not a real fix because you're reducing security just to mount storage. I'll ask around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That makes since to me worth checking in to
I know (but can't remember which phone I had at the time) when the ICS update to 4.0.4 came out...the mount points changed, that won't address the permission issues but its something I think would be worth looking into/ruling out. You guys should get spock some event logs when trying to access the emmc via a file explorer. I'm pretty sure its a permissions issue as I've read several posts in various forums for various devices with the same issue. Wish I still had the phone so I could do more than research for you guys lol.

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
I know (but can't remember which phone I had at the time) when the ICS update to 4.0.4 came out...the mount points changed, that won't address the permission issues but its something I think would be worth looking into/ruling out. You guys should get spock some event logs when trying to access the emmc via a file explorer. I'm pretty sure its a permissions issue as I've read several posts in various forums for various devices with the same issue. Wish I still had the phone so I could do more than research for you guys lol.
How do I get log in a boot loop have no PC that will find my phone

Upvote 0
Just because I've been discussing it here, PhenomX4 posted a Dirty Unicorns for the Warp4G. I got it working on my AWE with the new kernel, with the same storage issue. This should allow me to reverse engineer the proper modules to build a fully working ROM with the new kernel, unless PhenomX4 beats me to it.
Sounds likevu said u got the du ROM for warp working on the awe

Upvote 0
Actually the warp 4g and boost max are variants and have official KitKat. I've been trying to use the boost max kernel code on the awe, having display issues.
SuperR mentioned that the Warp4G "kernel deconfigs" were in boost max source.. I realize that this is an older post but hope that helps

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Hopefully nothing funny was done in the B05 script. Here's a package to take you straight to stock-ish B07. Difference is it's rooted and doesn't have the stock recovery. Always wipe cache and dalvik-cache. If you don't wipe data then this just upgrades you. If there are stock apps you don't like I recommend removing them from /system/app before flashing. Be patient when flashing, it takes several minutes to do its thing.

N800_B07_FULL.zip - 390.98 MB

The download link above has expired and I'd really like to try this stock-ish B07. Can someone please point me to a valid download link or re-post it for download? Many, many thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones