• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New upgrade

stuarta

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2011
Just getting ready to start looking at options for my upgrade which comes around in February.

At the moment I have a DHD whose battery life has been pants and worse than I think it was supposed to be. My first priority I think on a new handset would be battery life. I do have a One S as a work phone which is a lot better than my DHD but think I could do with something better as a personal handset.

At the moment the obvious seems to be an S3, but feel it's been out for a while now and possibly due for a replacement soon. Also looking at Nexus 4 which seems to be cheap, running and always will run latest OS but dubious on the LG build. Safest option would be One X/XL/X+or Desire X but a guy I work with has a One X and battery isn't great.

So therefore, over to you guys for your expert opinions and to point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Thanks Liamo. Why would you choose the Nexus4 over the S3? Only mention HTC because it's what I'm used too. my DHD was my first Android handset and then work gave me a One S (had no choice).

Played with S2's before and not so keen on the Samsung interface but then I guess it's what you get used too. I don't see anything for the HTC DNA at the moment, main carriers seem to be One X and XL at a bit pricier, nothing for X+

Upvote 0
uploadfromtaptalk1357142374218.jpg

About 4 hours screen on time.

Upvote 0
The rumour mill currently suggests that the HTC "M7" may be announced very shortly - DNA specs in a smaller package. There's a big trade show next week, so if anything is going to be said in the near future that's the obvious place.
The Nexus will be cheaper for sure.

Yep price is something I'm thinking of. Seems you can get the Nexus at the moment for

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones