1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

new user activation help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by danshe, Apr 21, 2012.

1. danshe

danshe Lurker

The Optimus V is my first attempt at an android. Before I send my phone back I'd like to see if anyone has suggestions. I bought it from Amazon and VM said just to return it.

It's charged and when I turn it on there are 2 images on the screen: an unlock image and a volume one. None of the buttons work nor will the screen change.
    I attempted to copy the serial number under the battery. The writing is so tiny that even with a magnifying glass I'm not sure I got all the numbers correct.

My questions are whether the screen I'm describing is typical prior to activation and whether there's some other way to get the serial number.

Also if I'm going to have to buy it through VM to get help, is there another phone that would be better? The Wildfire or Optimus Slider? The selling price at Amazon is significantly less than other places.

Thanks for any help

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert

To unlock the screen, put your finger on the circle with the lock and drag your finger across to the other side of the screen. You should then see the home screen. From there you press the menu button (far left button) and touch settings. At the bottom of the list will be About Phone, in there will be status. I do believe all the info should be in that section for you.

3. danshe

danshe Lurker

Thank you. Do you know a way to find the 18 digit code that's under the battery that doesn't require a microscope?

4. tuller

tuller Member

If it's a brand new phone, then the code should also be on the box that it came with...Mine was.

5. TwoLaidBack

TwoLaidBack Newbie

When I went to activate my phone I didn't need the serial # under the battery I opened and account at Virgin Mobile added the Top Up Min. needed and called Virgin and they walked me through the activation. Once that was done it took about 2 hours for all the services to start working. If I remember correctly I could make and receive calls but sending text and e-mail took about two hours to kick in. Very easy to activate.

Hope this helps,
    TwoLaidBack

6. danshe

danshe Lurker

Thanks everyone. I found the code on the box and it seems to be working ok.

LG Optimus V Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews