1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New user and new android system user.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bouyabrine, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Bouyabrine

Bouyabrine Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    Just to say that i ve bought a samsung I9100 and first time I start using Android system really I find it very freindly and interesting operating system.
    Also i want to congratulate everybody who make this forum work.Thanks

Advertisement

2. eden dumlao

eden dumlao Lurker
    None

Nov 14, 2011
    hello!! im a new member here i jst want to know why my samsung galaxy s battery drain so fast it last only for 10hrs.thnk you

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums, guys! :)

Battery life improves with use. if it's a new phone, it's important to teach your phone the capacity of the battery. Many times a phone is not completely charged the first time and the phone will base it's reporting on inaccurate information. Try this...

Let your phone completely discharge. Leave it on until the phone shuts itself off. Then, without using it too much, plug it in to the a/c charger (not the USB cable) and let it charge to full. When it shows a full charge, unplug the phone and reboot. Then shut the phone off and plug it back into the charger. If plugging it in boots the phone, when it is completely booted, shut it off while still plugged into the charger and let it charge for at least an additional hour even if it says it's fully charged. Finally reboot the phone.

You've now taught the phone the capacity of your battery and it will be able to more accurately report the charge (and you should see longer battery times).

Modern LiIon batteries do not require conditioning and are actually susceptible to damage if you constantly deep-discharge them. They perform much better and last longer on short incremental charges.