1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New user, few questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kendogg, Sep 23, 2011.

1. kendogg

kendogg Member

So, I just picked up an Indulge, and I've never really been much of a software guy. I'm a MetroPCS DSWC store manager, but we all know Metro doesn't actually teach us jack about the phones, and in reality doesn't WANT us to know how to diagnose much besides 'ok, I'll FRU your phone for you'. If anybody needs car advice, feel free to ask, I went to school to be a mechanic, I just finished an LS V8 swap into a Volvo wagon, and am a damn good automotive diagnostician, but rooting my phone is currently above my skillset :)

Anywho - introductions over. I want to root my phone. I want to delete the bloatware, and get a decent rom on this phone, as I know the stock software is buggy as hell, at best. Whats first? I know NOTHING about what to do besides plugging the phone into the computer, and how to do a hard rest. Can somebody point me to some links to help get me started? Thanks a bunch, and would LOVE to eventually become a contributing member to the community rather than just a leach trying to make this phone actually work decently, LOL.

Advertisement

2. the258

the258 Android Enthusiast

3. kendogg

kendogg Member

4. tiede

tiede Android Expert

Welcome here, kendogg!

and if you do decide to use the Basix rom, may I suggest beautifying your rom using my theme: Blutiful
    it gets rid of a few unsightly dings and make the whole thing look soft on the eyes.
    If you do, let me know what you think!

5. s810car

s810car Newbie

make sure to follow the directions on acquiring the correct drivers as well (also in threads mentioned). Follow step by step if new to phone rooting and you can't go wrong, I've yet to hear about a (real) bricked phone from the rooting process instructed in this forum

6. kendogg

kendogg Member

Ya, I followed step by step, and got Basix installed pretty easily, thanks guys. What next? What has this really done for me? This should fix all of the stupid glitches the stock software has, right?

7. confed

confed Android Expert

in K0nanes post in the thread and the subsequent pages it tells you all about what it does for you.