1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New USER & MS Outlook Sync

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cent0909, Jun 22, 2011.

1. cent0909

cent0909 Lurker
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    Hello there

I am thinking about switching to the HTC Sensation from a Blackberry. The one thing that I like to make sure if I switch over to an android is to make sure that I can sync my data using the MS Outlook 2010. I don't sync with GMAIL even I have a gmail account.

Are there any apps out there that sync with MS Outlook 2010?

Thanks
    Steven :)

Advertisement

2. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    The generally accepted goto app for Exchange is Touchdown. But look for any issues w/Exch 2010.

3. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    Steven,

There are a number of sync options out there, including our own. Check out http://syncdroid.net for a full list of what's out there, and let me know if you have any questions about CompanionLink's offering.

Also, you may find this "switcher's guide" that we put together helpful. It outlines what to expect and offers tips for switching from BlackBerry to Android. Check it out here.

- David Z.

4. FairwayTrader

FairwayTrader Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    Download the HTS Sense appl from HTC and it will sync outlook, music, etc. I downloaded and synced my music, haven't used the outlook function yet but it is there.

HTC Sensation - Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones & HTC Smart

Application - HTC Sync for all HTC Android Phones & HTC Smart Release Date: 2011-06-06 Category: Applications

You can use HTC Sync™ to synchronize Outlook contacts and calendar or Outlook Express contacts (Android & HTC Smart)and the bookmarks of web browser between your computer and your phone(Android). It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and bring your photos, videos, documents, songs, and playlists to your phone(Android).

5. dvansteyn

dvansteyn Lurker
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    I just downloaded the HTC Sync for Outlook, installed it along with all of the drivers,hooked up my HTC EVO via a USB cable and started the APP. It says my HTC is not connected!!!!! I know it is connected because I connected it and Windows 7 recognized the Android device and installed a driver for it. Obviously, something is not right or this APP is just junk.

6. Snazzy

Snazzy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 13, 2010
    I'm sysadmin who manages Exchange servers and users and I always recommended Touchdown by Nitrodesk to all my Android clients. Try the demo and then buy the full version.