• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New user ... no app?

WeiszGuy

Lurker
Apr 16, 2022
New user, already posted on the topic that brought me here, hoping to get smarter while here. :cool:

I got the welcome email, and on the list was "(1) Download our Official App" with a link that doesn't work. I can't find the app in the store or on this site. Is it gone, is it moved, am I terrible at searching?

Thanks all.

New user, already posted on the topic that brought me here, hoping to get smarter while here. :cool:

I got the welcome email, and on the list was "(1) Download our Official App" with a link that doesn't work. I can't find the app in the store or on this site. Is it gone, is it moved, am I terrible at searching?

Thanks all.
i think there was one sometime ago. if you want the forum in an app, you can try Tapatalk

i have always used my browser on my phone to access this forum.

oh........WELCOME TO AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Tapatalk support for this forum was removed quite some time ago.
The app also hasn't been supported for a while and is no longer available in the Play Store, although it does work if you already have it on your device. I have it on my phone and still use it. It might be floating around on an apk site somewhere but you have to be careful with those as they are not all trustworthy. I just looked on apkmirror which is regarded to be safe but it doesn't seem to be on there.
Unfortunately there are a few things on this site that are not kept up to date, this is one of them.
You can express your concerns in the Feedback forum if you wish-
https://androidforums.com/forums/suggestion-box-feedback.11/
There is actually a large thread regarding the Forums app which was started by the in-house developer several years ago but it hasn't been active in a long time and I don't think he is around any more.

Upvote 0
For what it is worth, there is a version of my favorite browser (Lightning) called Midori.

I set the home page of the browser for this site.
There is a built in ad blocker, and a dark theme that makes this site very nice to navigate.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/org.midorinext.android/

To set the home page, use this link:

https://androidforums.com/?thread_filter=new

After you log in, you will stay that way if you allow cookies in the browser.
(You do not need to allow 3rd party cookies.)
Also be sure that cookies are not cleared when closingvthe browser.

This will make Midori into basically an app for this site, while also being much more versatile.

Upvote 0
Screenshot_20220416-204343.png

Upvote 0
I still have an old apk of the forum app and it still works.

I found one a long while ago, but I soon found that the Midori browser actually works much better.

Especially if you need to look something up or post links for apps.

Midori has unlimited bookmarks and tabs, so this makes it very efficient and simple to navigate this site as well as the rest of the web at the same time.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones