1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New User Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Roli, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Roli

Roli Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    Hello!

My work phone is a Blackberry (when I took my current job I went from an Evo to a BlackBerry and nearly died). My boss refuses to let anyone have Droids. His BB finally broke and I conned him into taking mine and letting me take my sister's Droid Incredible, as she just got a new iPhone. So that's where I'm at. New user of an old phone, and I have questions...

1. My FB notifications aren't notifying me. And when I go to "more posts", I get something that says "an error had occurred while fetching data [null]". What gives? I'm running an old version because when I tried to update, it force closed on me; it wouldn't even let me open the FB App.

2. Can you not differentiate between notification sounds? Can I not have a different one for email than for texts?

I know there are more, but of course I'm drawing a blank....

Advertisement

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    I'll have to skip the Facebook question as I don't use it. As for the notifications, yes you can choose different tones. As a general rule with android, you choose your notification option within each specific app. So open messages, press menu, and change it there. If there is an app that doesn't have the capability to choose a notification, it will use the default notification located at menu > settings > sound on the phone itself.