1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

New user unable to load certain websites on new HTC

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by shaplandhill, Jan 2, 2012.

1. shaplandhill

shaplandhill Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Hi

Just joined as I have a new HTC and am wondering why I can access some websites and not others. Would like to post a thread but realise I have to make a few comments first.

Rob

Advertisement

2. AndroidAdvntge

None

Dec 29, 2011
    Welcome to the forums!

Could you give a little more details about your issue? What websites were you able to see and what weren't you able to see?

shaplandhill likes this.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hi and welcome to Android Forum. I've never had such problem before using my phone. Could you post the name of the website(s) that you're having problems connecting to. You should be able to at least view the mobile version of the page. Make sure you're getting good internet connection when trying to connect to the website. Also, try to update data profile, or turn airplane mode on and off. Best of luck.

Enjoy your time here. Happy New year! :)

shaplandhill likes this.
  4. shaplandhill

shaplandhill Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Hi and thanks for replying.

I am trying to buy an experience gift on South West activity day gift vouchers and experience days in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset website.

I contacted them and they say they can see no problems but everytime I try and access the page my phone tries to load it but then stops and reverts back to telephone's home screen.

Reception appears good and I have no problem accessing other websites. I can access the experience gift peoples website from this notebook I am on at the moment but really could do with knowing why it's not letting me on my phone.

Appreciate your help.

Rob

5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hey Rob,

That's kind of strange that you're not able to load that website. I easily did using my Palm pre phone...and that's not even my origninal device. You still haven't posted what model device you have. I imagine at times a device might fail to load certain website. Nothing to worry about though - just power down the device and remove and reinsert the battery. Enjoy your day. :)

6. shaplandhill

shaplandhill Lurker
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Its the HTC sensation. Just got it 3 weeks ago. Yeah a really strange one. I get a message SORRY! INTERNET HAS STOPPED UNEXPECTEDLY. WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL HTC? which of course I have done but still no access. Have tried the battery trick as well but stilln no joy.

Thanks for your support

Rob