1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General New users look of the eris

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Haywire, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Haywire

Haywire Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    I figured I'd post up a first impressions since I've now had my Eris for 4 days.

First, I got the phone at best buy free with new contract, I was glad to sign after dealing with att and the iphone.. I had both the 3g and the 3gs, let me tell you, I don't miss it at all.

Once I got done doing all the paperwork at best buy, I went off my merry way, happy to finally get android and more importantly the Verizon network that comes with it. The phone came with about 10% battery life on it and I wanted to condition it, so I started using it when I stopped for lunch. Loaded up pandora and started streaming right away on the way home. even with 10% i was impressed with how long it lasted.

I let the battery die, then I charged it fully before turning it back on. That was hard. I wanted to tinker with it, I know I could have probably used it while it was charging but I wanted to just let it do its thing the first time.

Once it got charged up, I downloaded and installed handcent sms, google voice, atk and dolphin browser.. I gotta tell you, the google intergration is amazing. I was using google voice for texting on my iphone and on the eris it just fits like a glove.. I would drop my texting on my plan but I figured I may as well have it if im going to use it to its capapbilty, but at least this way I can filter who gets my verizon number (till I port my att one)

I haven't had any issues with lag that some people talk about, so I don't get what the gripe is there.

Sense UI is impressive, although it seems to have trouble finding me when im at home, I get locations all over the map but only rarely does it actually find my home city.

Youtube also works great for me, but I dont use youtube on my phone much so its not that big of a deal.

I considered the motorola verison but after having the Eris for a few days, I'm very glad I didn't.

So far, so good!

Droid Does!!

Advertisement