1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips New Verizon Security update acts strangely

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markdoc, Sep 21, 2017.

1. markdoc

markdoc Android Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired Dentist
    New York City, NY, USA
    I just got the OTA update to 2.41.605.23. My phone acted very differently than other updates in a few ways.
    1. My phone rebooted for no reason while I was reading something on the net. When it rebooted, there was a notification that my update had downloaded and do I want to install it. I said yes.
    2. After downloading and installing the update, it took forever to reboot. Much more time on the Verizon screen. I thought it was stuck in a loop. I resisted turning off my phone and finally got the "Android is updating" message.
    3. After it finished rebooting, I went into settings to see the update info. But it wasn't there. It said my last update was July 6th. I checked in notifications and nothing was there about the update. Update history said the last was July 6th. So I checked if there was a new update and got "No". Then, out of nowhere, poof, my screen changed and now the new update showed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now everything seems ok. Very, very strange
    Also, OTS, It seems definite that Google is buying HTC. All the specifics are to be decided very soon.

Advertisement

2. Novaqt

Novaqt Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2017
    Female
    Retired
    Arlington, VA
    My just did what you posted. iiii

3. Novaqt

Novaqt Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2017
    Female
    Retired
    Arlington, VA
    What you described above is exactly what happened to me about a half hour ago. Reboot was very slow and update history very slow to update.

4. markdoc

markdoc Android Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2011
    Male
    Retired Dentist
    New York City, NY, USA
    I just reported it to Verizon, but the tech wasn't interested. She said it was HTC's problem. I figured it wasn't worth explaining to her that HTC gives the update to Verizon for them to approve on their version of the phone.
    BTW, the Google buyout of HTC was agreed upon for 1.1 billion. Google gets the HTC personnel that worked on the Pixel phone and HTC keeps the right to market new cell phones under the HTC brand. If you want all the details check with Google.

5. today

today Android Expert

Mar 30, 2010
    Male
    spanaway washington
    That is good news. HTC manufactures quality products and would be missed. A whole lot of HTC ideas are in use today by other gadget producers.

HTC 10

The HTC 10 is a flagship smartphone by the Taiwanese company. Announced April 12th and available May 2016, the HTC 10 features a full metal unibody design with unique chamfered edges. It was the world's first device with optical image stabilization on both the front and rear cameras.