1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support New Vibrant issues or dumb me?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by markosjal, Feb 24, 2011.

1. markosjal

markosjal Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Hello,

Recently a friend brought me a New T mobile Samsung Vibrant, asking me if I could unlock it. I live in Mexico so a Tmobile Vibrant is useless here . I surprised myself when I rooted unlocked it then reset it.

Within days, my friend informed me he was getting a new iPhone 4 and he did not like the Vibrant, so after parting with some cash I now have the Vibrant with the stock Android 2.1

Unfortunately I have reset it several times now and I keep running into the same issues. If anyone can help with the dfollowing it would be great!

1)
    Since I do not have an account with Data I borrowd a telcel (Mexico) chip with unlimited data plan and managed to configure data according to the page at Carrier APN Settings - ModMyi - Wiki . All I was able to connect to was Edge , and not 3g . What must I do to get 3g?

2)
    Usually after a reset I can download one or two Apps from android market (over wifi) then I generally am unable to install anything more. All seems to go normally but the download seems to take only a few seconds and the app
    never appears as installed.

3)
    when I connect the device to the charger I lose WiFi connectivity . Even after disconnecting from USB I must remove the battery it seems to resore my ability to connect to Wifi. When connecting to the miniusb charger it prompts me what I amn doing and charging is not an option. I am afraid to put it on the charger for the problems with Wifi it seems to cause

4)
    I would like to have this running Android 2.2 but from what I read many of these upgrades are hacks. I am not interested in a hack mod so much as a true and tested version of android that is stable.

Advertisement