• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New voicemail (GV) in notification bar won't go away!

I have been using Google Voice with its voicemail feature for several weeks now and its been working perfectly. Recently after missing a telephone call, GV placed a "New voicemail" message in the notification bar. After clicking on this message the program dials my google voice number - the system tells me that I don't have any messages. I cannot remove this message from my notification bar.

I have deleted that message on my GV account on the computer but I cannot find any way to delete it on my phone. It won't go away.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to "necosino" and "jayochs" for your help with this issue. I finally got the voicemail message deleted from the notification bar as follows:

settings>call>clear voicemail notification

I hope this helps other people who might encounter the same problem.

I've been trying to fix this for weeks! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones