Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by gwlaw99, Aug 4, 2010.
Anyone try it yet?
Yes. I use it everyday. It works great. There is a little lag but it is expected as sound is going over internet using 3G Data. Both callers or all callers can have a protocol of saying over or done so that others do not talk at the same time. Also, one needs headset with microphone as the default sound output is sent to speakerphone and not earpiece.
How does the Vonage Mobile Application for Facebook work?
The Vonage Mobile application is simple. It’s simple to download, and so simple to use that we have eliminated the need for dialing altogether. To get started, the user:
• Downloads the app from the iTunes Store, Android Market, the Vonage fan page on Facebook or vonage.com/talkfree.
• Enters Facebook ID and password (one time only).
• Views Facebook contacts after they are automatically loaded. They’ll be grouped by friends who can be called for free and friends available for instant messaging on Facebook. A Vonage logo will appear next to the names of friends who have downloaded the app.
• Invites additional Facebook friends to get the app at the Vonage Fan Page on Facebook or vonage.com/talkfree.
• Touches a friend’s name from the Call Free list to make a free call anywhere in the world; no need to be online.
• Rings the phone for incoming calls, even if the application is closed.
Please read more at:
Vonage Mobile Application for Facebook. Download. Invite Friends.
Vonage call app uses Facebook, no minutes - SFGate