1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

New web android market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by T-Keith, Feb 5, 2011.

1. T-Keith

T-Keith Android Enthusiast

Has anyone tried the new web based market? I tried installing an app from the web browser and it says installed.(phone shows up fine) But it is not on my phone. I tried the market on my phone and have the "new" market too.

Anyone have this problem?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

I'm still waiting for an install to finish from a few days ago. Google says to:

- (on your phone) open Talk
    - sign out
    - open Talk again so it signs in

And this is supposed to make it work. But, it doesn't.

I am rooted and I don't think that I have the latest market on my phone (I have 2.2.6), so perhaps that's the issue.

3. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

I tried yesterday and had the same thing happen to me. I have Market version 2.2.11, so the older market probably isn't the culprit.

4. doogald

I have a strange feeling that my market account's device listed as "HTC Droid Eris" is my xtrSENSE build and it's waiting for it to connect.

5. doogald

FWIW, I installed the Gingerbread ROM GingerShedBread 1.2 yesterday, and now I seem to be able to install apps from the web market to the phone. (The device is listed as "Verizon HTC GSBv1.2").

6. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast

Works for me on GSB 1.2 as well. Weird. Maybe it's something with the froyo ROMs?

7. polarbehr

polarbehr Member

Works fine on Froshedyo v10

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews