• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New with an MMS question.

droid51378

Android Enthusiast
Nov 1, 2009
Mississippi
I am new to Sprint and coming over from an Iphone, I decided on the HTC Hero. It is a great phone. I have no true complaints.

I am not sure if this has been discussed or not, but I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I tried sending a pic to a friend through Handcent and it never would go through. I then downloaded Chomp and could not figure out how to send a pic. I guess I am basically wondering if this is a setting issue or if I need another app to send picture messages?

Thanks in advance.

I am new to Sprint and coming over from an Iphone, I decided on the HTC Hero. It is a great phone. I have no true complaints.

I am not sure if this has been discussed or not, but I am having trouble sending MMS messages. I tried sending a pic to a friend through Handcent and it never would go through. I then downloaded Chomp and could not figure out how to send a pic. I guess I am basically wondering if this is a setting issue or if I need another app to send picture messages?

Thanks in advance.

I know in Handcent there is a setting under Menu>Settings>Scroll to Send sms Settings and then check to ensure that "Auto Convert to mms" is checked. I beleiveit is by default, so unless you unchecked it, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones