1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General New with Galaxy Ace

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lareconquesta, Jul 23, 2011.

1. lareconquesta

lareconquesta Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    dear friends,
    I have got my Galaxy Ace about a month ago. it is a great phone similar to iphone in an affordable price but I have experienced a killing drawback. It is the battery which can't last for 6 or 7 hours. I have to charge the phone 3 times daily and I am not a heavy user that uses browsing around the clock. Is this a general problem or just my set???
    Also, I often have the message (incoming message rejected, memory full. delete some items) although I have much memory on my SD card and about 15 MB on the internal memory which also recently give me the note low space. Can any one help me with this?
    Thank you so much

Advertisement

2. lareconquesta

lareconquesta Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Any help please?

3. SashiX

SashiX Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Spain
    Uninstall unnecessary apps, and use less your browser. My Ace lasts at least 1 week, browsing (10-15 mins) and calling every day.

4. lareconquesta

lareconquesta Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    First Thanks for your reply, second, I am not installing that much apps to remove, beside yes I browse alot but at least I hope the battery would last for 1 day, instead of 10 hours. Did you do anything else?

5. Gammer

Gammer Android Enthusiast
    None

May 23, 2011
    UK
    Get App2SD free from the market place,and move any moveable apps to your sd card using that.
    Also read the sticky at the top of this forum about force installing apps to sd card.
    That battery is a problem with lots of people but if you look on this page there is a whole big thread with tips about battery life.

6. SashiX

SashiX Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Spain
    Not a batt problem, IMO. Have you seen any notebook/netbook with a day batt life? Nowadays, there is no battery capable of operate for such a long time. And when you use browser, memory is used to store temp files, etc. You shouldn't be surprised if after a few hours of heavy browsing you will ended up out of mem. Try to clean your temp. cache and/or restart your Ace. Just my 2 cents.