1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

newb andriod atrix question?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by epi117, Feb 20, 2011.

1. epi117

epi117 Lurker

Considering using my upgrade for Atrix and buying the laptop type accessories. My newb question is? Can I edit Word and PowerPoint Documents?

Do you see yourself using the atrix combo for work versus play?

Currently have ipad which I use every day for work.

Advertisement

2. =KLRS=ZERO

=KLRS=ZERO Android Enthusiast

word for sure, but im not so sure about powerpoints.

3. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

Documents to Go by Dataviz works for powerpoint but it isn't much on eye candy...

epi117 likes this.
  4. kenio8185

kenio8185 Member

Do you NEED to teather to get the laptop to work?

5. Boomer Dog16

Boomer Dog16 Newbie

Just my opinion but a real laptop teathered to your atrix is going to give ya alot better performance an functionality. Do your self a favor an wait to see how the pair perform on other peoples dimes. Again my opinion but i think the atrix an the laptop dock is gimped on real performance an is just a cool toy at this time. the laptop is the toy the phone is great

epi117 likes this.
  6. Juijin

Juijin Newbie

I believe the atrix comes with quickoffice installed for webtop mode not sure for non webtop thou. so yes in a way you can edit word and powerpoint documents

7. dsmoot

dsmoot Newbie

The are really only two cases where you can justify the laptop attachment for the Atrix:

1. You have the cash to blow and you just want a toy to have something new. Nothing wrong with that but for most of us $500 is not chump change.

2. You are a serious road warrior that travels a lot and carrying a minimum weight with you is important.

Otherwise, you are wasting your money. You can get a real net book or even a laptop for that kind of dough and it will outperform your Atrix laptop dock. And now that it has been rooted, it can tether with no problem.

And in 2 years when the Atrix is a fond memory of what was cutting edge in 2011, a netbook will still work as a standalone thing.

If the laptop dock were $300, it might be a justifiable toy. But at $500 it is serious early adopter tax.

My opinion, your mileage may vary.
    David

epi117 likes this.
  8. epi117

epi117 Lurker

great advice, thanks