• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help newb droider

beyondcons

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
i've been a blackberry user for years until iphone came out .. then been iphone user up until a few days ago. first off ... WOW. this phone and the droid system has opened my eyes. i never knew such a product/system exsisted. these things blow iphones out of the water when it comes to customization and apps/widgets use. i'm like a little kid getting nintendo for the first time.

so ... i absolutely love my phone and the 50 apps i've purchased so far. after some 30 straight hours of customizing it and getting it to my liking, i'm pretty well content with the setup at this point ... except for one thing ....

battery life.

i've read numerous posts on the battery and am ok with the fact that the battery isn't up to par when faced against the iphone.

my question is this .... is there anything i can do to prolong the battery life? my phone is in my hand 23 hours out of the day ... i use it for business and pleasure. i probably send and receive somewhere towards 500-700 texts a day ... 20-30 emails a day .... i'm using the maps feature quite a bit and check the news.

i don't use wifi all that much and keep that disabled unless i need it. i don't use bluetooth and keep that disabled as well.

what else can i do to prolong the life of the battery? i'm 2 hours into my day and have a little more than half a batter left ... kinda sucks.

have you downloaded the app Juicedefender?

if you haven't i highly reccommend it to preserve battery life on your phone. what it does is manage your phone radios such as, WiFi and mobile network, and will turn it off/on whenever needed to conserve battery. it has a few preset modes that will automatically manage these things for you.
the free app only does the basics like turn on/off wifi or you mobile data when you're not using it. but there are two upgrades to the app (Juice Defender Plus & Ultimate) that you need to pay for to get more features like having your phone turn off wifi when you are not near a connection.

with juice defender i've increased my battery life so it can last 4-5 hours longer on a charge. before using it i could average 7-10 moderate use. now i can last a work day and even a little more afterwards with it.

get the free version and see if it helps first. then try venturing into the paid versions and messing around with the more advanced settings :)

hope that helped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones