1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newb Guide Needed - Installing SuperScripts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dhabell, Sep 21, 2011.

1. dhabell

dhabell Well-Known Member

No previous experience with android until i bought the prevail, yet i figured out how to put both shabbykernal and shabbymod on my phone with the guides/posts on this site.

Havent messed with my phone since before CWM came out.

Im really interested in installing this superscript thing Ive been reading about in order to make my phone more snappy and to get rid of the lag. But it seems just slightly above my skill level.

I was wondering if someone nice would like to make a step by step guide on how to install superscripts.

Advertisement

2. agadida

agadida Well-Known Member

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/403827-ram-optimization-script-sgp.html
    I found this script to be easier to install than the v6, from what ive heard. You will need either Root Explorer, or ES file explorer. Root explorer is a paid app, and es file explorer is free. Either one will work, personally ive used root explorer. On that link, download the file. When you unzip it you'll have a folder called init.d. You put that folder on your sd card. Doesnt matter where, just anywhere thats easy to locate. Next, all you need is the phone. open es file explorer, or root explorer and locate the init.d folder. click move and move it to /system/etc/ location. then reboot your phone. easy as that. just remember if you use es file explorer that you mount the system to read/write. Hope this helps. if you get stuck, i'll download es file explorer and try and take pictures or something and go step by step to help out.

3. dhabell

dhabell Well-Known Member

ok im gonna try to move my ROM over to ext4 this weekend and see what happens. after that ill give this a try. thanks.