1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newb seeking knowledge SGIII

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wolfsvudo, Dec 7, 2013.

1. wolfsvudo

wolfsvudo Lurker

Greetings! This is my first post, ever on this site and I'm really out of my element here. I've had my s3 for awhile, but I'm extremely incoherent of the lingo and knowledge of rooting. I wish to root my device, but I've read it's risky and knowledge should be sought out before proceeding. This is my plea, to a guy who knows very little about his Smartphone, does anybody have suggestions/links on where to start reading and learning, or a guide to successfully root my device? Thanks! I appreciate the help before-hand, I've dealt with WoW noobs, but I'm sure I'm worse being in the real world 0.o

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. struckn

struckn Android Expert
    VIP Member

What carrier are you using? There are rooting subforums for each carrier here, check the bottom of the main SGS3 page. The forum for my carrier (Virgin Mobile) has been an indispensable tool for me, and I am not even remotely new to rooting and customizing. Good luck!

wolfsvudo and funkylogik like this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Yeah its important to remember theres like 5 physically different versions of s3 and all need their own method/software. Good luck :beer:

wolfsvudo and struckn like this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews