1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

newbie advice needed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by froyo2011, May 18, 2011.

1. froyo2011

froyo2011 Lurker

Hi guys. my friend bought a phone but it came out to be bad esn :( so she was wondering she turned it on and there is menu where u have to touch the droid thing and then it pops up with directions to activate and press 1 or 2 to do that.... so if the phone is bad esn... how can at least she use it as player and camera?

whats gonna happen if she presses 1 ?

Thank you

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

I would have her contact the person she bought it from first.

3. froyo2011

froyo2011 Lurker

there is now way to do that now.. thats why I need advice at least how to use it as a media plyer insted or camer :(

4. bassett

bassett Newbie

I could be mistaken but I believe you can bypass the initial screen by pressing the four corners of the screen...one at a time. Top left, then top right, then bottom right, then bottom left. "Bypass android screen" on Google provides more info.

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

You are correct....Bypass Android Activation Screen on Motorola Droid X

6. thedrizl

thedrizl Android Enthusiast

i had a similar problem when i got my DX. the genius i bought it from hadn't deactivated it from his account yet, so i had to wait a couple days before i could activate it. it's not the ESN that should concern you, it's the MEID for these phones. anyway, you should be able to easily bypass network activation and use wifi for everything. she just won't be able to make phone calls or send texts. everything else should work just fine.

you probably won't get the GB OTA either, whenever Big Red decides to give it to us.

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews