1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newbie advice!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alexbartman, Apr 23, 2012.

1. alexbartman

alexbartman Lurker

Can anyone help me with a fairly fundamental question please....

Is HTC sense a good thing or should I try to remove it to speed the phone up. Is there a standard ICS launcher or does one need to have something - in which case HTC has to make the most sense (no pun intended) - I'm worried because Sense does seem to crash quite a bit and seems to be slow to get back to the home screen.
    Apologies if I'm talking nonsense - but perhaps there's a better, quicker launcher - and perhaps some HTC widgets will work with the new launcher??

thanks
    Alex

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Nova launcher. Go Launcher is pretty good too.

3. alexbartman

alexbartman Lurker

thanks for that - but do I need to remove sense from the phone?? Adn if so, can I reload it if I dont get on with the 3rd party launchers???

4. Chilly McFreeze

Chilly McFreeze Well-Known Member

You can't remove Sense without rooting and installing a custom ROM, and you don't really need to. Just set Sense to a blank scene so that it's using a minimum of memory before you change launchers. Before you install a custom launcher also install Home Switcher so that you can easily change between launchers at will.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews