1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Newbie battery question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lilredjeep, Sep 10, 2010.

1. lilredjeep

lilredjeep Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Sorry if this question is redundant. I've looked around the forums but being new, I am having a hard time finding the answer to this question.

I have a HTC Incredible. Although I have done all the recommended battery life extending tips and tricks, I still don't have enough battery to get me through the day. I bought what what I thought was a replacement battery for my Inc. The eBay seller advertised it as a HTC Incredible replacement. When I opened the box, the battery says HTC Legend. Since the battery is the same size as my Inc battery, I charged the replacement overnight. When I put it in my phone, however, the battery indicator only shows a battery with an "!" inside of it. My question is...will this work in my phone or will it damage it? I have tried to contact the seller but no response at this point.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement

2. Berry2Droid

Berry2Droid Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Assistant Manager for Verizon Wireless
    NJ
    Might not be the right voltage or something. A ! is never good.

lilredjeep likes this.
  3. lilredjeep

lilredjeep Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Ok. Thank you! I was worried about that.

4. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Male
    Teacher/Church Planter/ Basketball Coach
    Cincinnati
    [​IMG]

Best advice I can give you is root, select a Kernel that works best for you. I use HydraKernel ocuv2-v10 #3. Use SetCpu to set up a screen off profile (384 max/ 245 min). I use "on demand" setting. I don't use task killers. I get pretty much the same battery life regardless of ROM (vanilla/sense). I generally use my phone more than I have today, but this is a pretty accurate picture of battery life for me with my Dinc.

Prior to root, I was hating life (check my prior posts). Battery life was my only gripe with the phone. Now I am gripeless. Good luck.

Edit: This is the original OEM battery. I also have an extended 2150 that I never use anymore. Not sure what kind of life I would get out of it. I may try that for a few days and see.