1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Newbie can't view Facebook pics

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lucylucy, Feb 22, 2011.

1. lucylucy

lucylucy Lurker
    None

Feb 22, 2011
    Hi im a newbie to this site & i'm hoping someone can either help or point me in the right direction:rolleyes:
    i have a sony Ericsson xperia x10, i have downloaded facebook for android & have been enjoying all the apps, however a coulpe of weeks ago i went to view photos, as i have always done, but couldnt view them.. i got a blue thumbnail box come up for a few seconds then it turned to a box with a head silouette & a blue triangle with an ! in it...
    i have tried to change my setting on fb & on my phone but nothing seems to work..
    i have called orange who have said its a fb problem so i have contact fb but cant seem to get any joy out of them either...:mad:
    hoping someone on here will be able to help

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Welcome to the forums, lucylucy.

If you're attempting to view the pics in one of the stock apps and having no luck, it wouldn't hurt to go in to Market and try a few of the apps available for that purpose. Many are free.

I've moved your question to the Xperia X10 forum for you; perhaps others will chime in here.

3. disambiguation

None

Jul 22, 2010
    I always prefer to use the full-site when browsing Facebook. But since they (facebook) have changed the way pictures are displayed, it is a pain in the arse viewing them and you can only look at them zoomed out and it's very fiddly on the X10. Grrrr!

Perhaps this update (done by facebook) has affected your facebook app too, and it (the app) needs an update to cope with the new way that facebook displays pictures. Maybe that update isn't ready for your particular app, so you could try another.

I wonder how long it will take for them to sort out browsing the full facebook site properly.

4. kevmars

kevmars Member
    None

Nov 16, 2010
    last resort lucylucy but have you tried uninstalling and then re-installing the app??

5. stuartmees

stuartmees Lurker
    None

Feb 25, 2011
    I have this exact same problem!!!!!

Only difference is I am running the Facebook Android app on a Desire HD.

When i try to view photos they ttemp to load and then I get a icon appearing with a triangle and a blue exclamation mark!!! So frustrating.

I have run an update but still not working.

Any ideas????