1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips newbie, does this phone have an problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kevinrubio, Sep 24, 2011.

1. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Android Expert
    None

May 9, 2011
    Student
    Atlanta, GA
    so does this problems have any problems i should know about before buying it? like can i root it with no problem, and i read in the rooting section that CWM has problems, that you can not let it die fully.
    is it fixed yet? cause that sounds horrible and i really want to root it. and install a Miui rom if it has one.

Advertisement

2. Kasrith

Kasrith Lurker
    None

Sep 25, 2011
    Toronto
    They only thing that worried me the first couple of days, was that after 10 minutes or so of constant use, the bottom part of it would warm up quite a bit. More than I was used to with older phones. After doing some research it seems that its quite a widespread issue with these phones, apparently nothing to worry about.

Now that I'm past that can't-put-it-down phase, i hardly use it enough [in between screen locking periods] in one shot to notice any overheating.

3. LaxMaster

LaxMaster Lurker
    None

Sep 28, 2011
    Ballerado
    Well, all phones have their problems... and with a beast of a phone like this thing, you're going to some a good amount of problems, however the phone overall is a fantastic device and I love it to death!

To get it out of the way first of all, the is no MIUI ROM just yet for the Sensation, however there is most likely going to be a MIUI ROM before 2012 for us.

Rooting and S-OFF went smooth for me, it was fast and simple, I just followed the guide on XDA, and one on youtube.

As far as problems I have noticed;

1) At times, the screen can become a little bit touch sensitive, but does quickly fix itself.

2) The phone does get very hot, especially if using a ROM which is overclocked, and your playing an intense game. Maybe thinks this does cause what Im mentioning in Number 3/

3) The phone creaks when you squeeze the bottom. This can get fairly annoying at sometimes.

4) 2/10 games I download for my phone to play don't work on the sensation. They either make the phone look like it's been through a car was until you restart it, or the game works fine... but only covers 60% of the screen.

5) It's so light! You may like this, but it literaly feels like I could crush the phone with one hand, just squeezing it. To fix this, I recommend a sturdy case, and a high capacity battery.

6) Depending on how much you use your phone, either way the battery sucks. Im in high school, and I normally don't take my phone out of my backpack. It's at 100% when I put it in, then at 3 PM when I take it out Im at about maybe 60-75%, without ever touching it. If you're the person who is always on your phone, on calls, browsing the internet, gaming, etc, get a second battery, I recommend a 1900+ mAh Anker battery. You can find them on ebay for about $20 I believe. The stock battery is 1520 mAh, so the 1900+ mAh adds weight, plus much more charge!

In all, the phone does have a great amount of problems, I forgot to mention a few I'm sure, but don't focus on all the problems, the phone makes up for them. It's a truly fantastic device, and I would recommend it to any android lover!

Please Thank me if I helped!

kevinrubio likes this.
  4. deez1977

deez1977 Lurker
    None

Jul 18, 2011
    Memphis TN
    In addition to the points above, many users (myself included) have had the home key magically decide to take screenshots....there is a long & detailed thread that discusses it so will spare the details here.

Like LaxMaster, I haven't been able to put the phone down. Almost makes my "old" HTC EVO 4G look like a baby's toy.

Rooting is easy (s-off with Revolutionary) & this forum has great instructions on rooting if the XDA directions aren't detailed enough.