• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Facebook question

buzcoats

Lurker
Mar 4, 2010
When I'm logged into FB, my friends that are in my people contacts have a picture. When I'm logged out of FB, the picture goes away. Is there an easy way to make there FB profile pic attached permantly to their info card so when I'm logged out of FB there pictures still stays?

Also, when typing a text in the landscape mode (sideways) is there a way to send a txt without minimizing the keyboard?

Thanks

With the FB, go into your contacts. Select the contact and scroll over to Updates and Events. Then you can select to Link Facebook Profile to your phone.

When I scoll over to Updates and Events with the person selected. And select (menu), the only settings I see are : (Update now, Update profile info, Remove FB link). Where is the link facebook profile to your phone? I'm still on 1.5 BTW.

Upvote 0
Ok, that may be where the problem is. I've already linked it the Facebook account. All I want to be able to do is to keep their displayed profile picture in my phone when I'm not logged into FB.

It seems like there would be a way to save it the phone, but I havn't figured it out yet.

Upvote 0
I was just assuming that by being logged into FB all the time that it would drain the battery faster. If it doesn't make that big of a difference, I will just leave it on.

It really doesn't. One of the settings that you have is how often Facebook info updates. I have mine set for every 12 hours - that's the only time that the phone does anything with FB (unless I manually update or something.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones