1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

newbie - first impressions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cbfromco, Dec 22, 2011.

1. cbfromco

cbfromco Lurker

Just received my Triumph on Tuesday. This is my first smart phone, although I do have an Ipod Touch and a 1st gen Ipad. I've had a long time VM basic pay as you go voice plan which I've used only for emergencies and long distance, so I was able to pay for the Triumph from my existing balance:).

So far, my experience has been very positive. Mine doesn't have the blue screen, signal strength has varied from 1 to 3 bars, but I haven't had any call issues and both camera and camcorder work fine.

I was pleasantly surprised with the GPS - it acquired signal as fast as my Garmin Nuvi car unit and held the signal just fine. Apps open and operate with no problem, although in comparison to my Apple units, scrolling between screens isn't as smooth, which is a very minor problem. Battery useage has been about as reported by everyone else. Just installed Juice Defender, so we'll see if that helps.

My biggest surprise has been the voice capabilites - I hadn't seen them advertised and I loved being able to dictate my shopping list rather than type it in.

If my Triumph continues to perform as it has so far, I'll be a very happy customer.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Hey there, and welcome to Androidforums.com!
    It's good to hear you are happy with your purchase. If seems like most the stuff we hear lately about the Triumph is negative, so it is very cool to hear from someone who has something positive to say (I have had a similar experience as you and it has lasted. Even down to the garmin nuvi I used to have in my car).

Check out the posts here and learn your way around. There are lots of helpful posts and people here. Feel free to ask questions if you have them!

3. magohn

magohn Android Enthusiast

Me too! Best phone Ive had so far bar none. When you get confident enough, install MIUI and really be impressed!

4. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles

Or CM7! (I just can't get into MIUI) ;)

5. jagris

jagris Newbie

You are probably not familiar with a lot of things having to do with smartphones is this is your first. I recommend you look into rooting and flashing roms. Google and the forums them selves are very useful for that. I too have had a positive experience with my device. An Android device, especially the Triumph, has a lot of power behind it, you can do a lot with it. So take time to get familiar with it and then look at everything you can do.

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews