• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie FYI: Phone comes with "Basics Guide" ... Full User Guide is here:>>>>

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
After growing frustrated with the limited info in the book that came with my Optimus V, I decided to see if there is a more complete manual and lo and behold there is a full user guide here:

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/phones/prepaid/manual/lgoptimusv.pdf

The Basics Guide that comes with the device is pretty useless. I can't believe they don't put right on the cover, "this is only the Basics Guide" and give instructions for obtaining the full user guide.

Interesting. Have you actually compared them to see if they are different, and are they?

yes, they are very different. the basics guide is 134 (small square) pages and the user guide is 243 (large portrait) pages. If you look through the table of contents you can see some sections are not present in the basics guide.

even if they were the same (which they are not), IMHO it's way more convenient to have a PDF that you can search for text.

cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones