• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie help for Lenovo A690

marculos

Lurker
Dec 3, 2012
Hi, just bought a Lenovo A690 and its a cracking phone apart from the small amount of memory.

It came with the following build Lenovo A690_SO13_121025. I don't think it is rooted.

The main problem is that I cannot get a google account to work. Gmail / play etc does not work.Under accounts it is not possible to add a google account only exchange. I did manage to get the default email app to work with gmail.

I use 1 Mobile Market which works ok, it just would be nice to use the native google stuff.

Also, I installed the Android SDK and modified the device so that all apps should be installed to the SD card. Most do but some like Nav4free will not install to the SD card and try install to the virtually non existent internal memory ! Can you modify an APK so it always installs to SD card ?

I have read that Etotalk do custom ROMS but you cant buy or download them. Anyone know where I can get any support for this device ?

thanks in advance

I have bought Lenovo A690 which is loaded with Android 2.3.6.
I am facing a big problem as following.
Sometimes the name of contacts does not appear when a call from that contact comes or I call to that contact and sometimes it corrected automatically and works fine.
I do not find any clue of this problem.
If anyone is facing such problem and got a solution of this problem ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones