1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support newbie help int mem limitations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eddief40, Sep 8, 2010.

1. eddief40

eddief40 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Hi all, i am about to go and get an optimus from the carphone warehouse this afternoon. i know it has a limited int mem but how small is it in reality. i am upgradeing from a normal moby and wont to play with the apps and stuff. so what is the limitation of it. any thing you can save to the sd i would to free as much space as possable.
    also the cpw has a differant version of the phone to outhers acording to some of the posts here. what is the differance of a cpw lg and say an orange one. thanks
    eddie

Advertisement

2. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    England
    Just a word of warning if you like to tinker with your devices , the carphone warehouse version of the gt540 has part of the menu that enable rooting removed.

3. eddief40

eddief40 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    no i dont wont to `tinker`. what is the limitation to haveing a small internal mem`
    thanks

4. Tinderbox (UK)

Tinderbox (UK) Well-Known Member

May 29, 2010
    England
    according to the storage monitor app, my gt540 only has 140mb usable storage memory , and only 56mb of that is free with my currently installed apps.

So it`s not a lot of memory to work with, and since you need android 2.2 to use the sd card as storage , and 2.1 is most likely the limit of the gt540 unless we get an hacked android 2.2 software.

5. eddief40

eddief40 New Member

Sep 8, 2010
    how many apps can you store. arnt opps to a max size.
    thanks