• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help newbie help int mem limitations

eddief40

Lurker
Sep 8, 2010
Hi all, i am about to go and get an optimus from the carphone warehouse this afternoon. i know it has a limited int mem but how small is it in reality. i am upgradeing from a normal moby and wont to play with the apps and stuff. so what is the limitation of it. any thing you can save to the sd i would to free as much space as possable.
also the cpw has a differant version of the phone to outhers acording to some of the posts here. what is the differance of a cpw lg and say an orange one. thanks
eddie

according to the storage monitor app, my gt540 only has 140mb usable storage memory , and only 56mb of that is free with my currently installed apps.

So it`s not a lot of memory to work with, and since you need android 2.2 to use the sd card as storage , and 2.1 is most likely the limit of the gt540 unless we get an hacked android 2.2 software.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones