1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General newbie - how to turn some notifications off at certain times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lcolien, Jun 27, 2011.

1. lcolien

lcolien Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    i just got my first droid yesterday, the samsung charge - had a blackberry bold before that. i know there has to be an easy way or app to do this, but it's giving me a headache regardless. When i go to bed and plug my phone in, i want to be able to get notification of text messages and have phone calls ring, but no emails. I have teenagers, probably nuff said :) so how can i do that?

thanks

Advertisement

2. ChrisAC

ChrisAC Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Baltimore, MD
    Try Timeriffic for Android. I used it for a while to silence notification sounds (but not the phone ringing) at night.

After re-reading your thread, I guess disabling ALL notification sounds is not what you are after. (Although it is a pretty neat little program)

For more complete control, you may need Tasker for Android. I use it like I previously used Timeriffic, but it is much more detailed & powerful (but really hard to grasp). It's kind of like an if-then scripting program.

Example:

Between 10pm & 6am, if an email is received, turn notification off, unless it is from Mom, then change notification sound to SomeThingReallyLoud.mp3.

Not simple to use (like you asked), but it is really powerful.

HTH

Chris

DocBeech likes this.