1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Newbie HTC desire owner needing advise

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by katsmith, Apr 28, 2011.

1. katsmith

katsmith Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Hi people,
    I am new at this and very nervious so please bare with me!
    Okay I got a HTC desire from virgin and this is now my second HTC.The first kept draining its battery very quickly when all I used it for was texting and very few phone calls.I do have my yahoo messaging set up so I know when I get emails but that is it! But the battery is usually drains by ten am! They sent me a second one and it is doing the same thing.When I spoke to them the first time Virgin said that the htc isnt really suitable for their contract which was like a slap in the face I thought why have it on offer then.Everyone else I have spoken too say Ive no chance them giving me another different phone.Boy have they got a shock coming.I have emailed trading standards,virgin,and htc waiting to hear what they all have to say.So can anyone else help or does anyone else have the same issue.Thanks for reading have a nice warm weekend

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Out of the box everything is set to sync on as frequent as possible.

Lots of set up to do.

Have a read around here in one of the many battery life threads as there are far too many tips to write out.

Screen is the biggest killer. 4 hours of screen on will see your phone dead

3. katsmith

katsmith Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2011
    Okay thanks I will take a look but I am quiet useless and taking things in.Take care and all the best x

4. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj Member
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more 2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour 3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour
    I found this somewhere here..it works..try it out.

5. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    ^ this works.

Also, turn the brightness down, that's a real battery killer.
    -settings
    -display
    -brightness
    -uncheck auto brightness and slide the bar down. I find about a third the way along is good

Also in the display change the screen timeout to whatever the least is you find usable. I set mine to one minute.

Turn off any sync's you don't use.
    -settings
    -accounts & sync
    -select stocks, news, or weather (if you don't use them that is!) and uncheck the sync box

If you use weather or the news app reduce the sync time to the least you find is usable.

If you text A LOT then the screen will be in constantly and that will drain the battery.

Do you have 3G in your area? If not, turn 3G off as it can waste battery looking for it.

Tags: