1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Newbie Like's/don't like about Android...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by rzozaya1969, Jun 6, 2011.

1. rzozaya1969

rzozaya1969 Member
    None

May 18, 2011
    Mexico
    I bouth an Android with Froyo (2.2) about a month ago... It is a mid range (I think) phone, but I think it has a lot of good stuff going on (GPS, bluetooth, 5mp camera, etc.).

Here is a list of things that I've really liked about it.

- I think that the interface is pretty slick. I get a contact, and can see that contact history (when I called/received a call, sms, etc.). Also, I know which phone the contact used (on my previous phone I just saw the contact name).
    - When viewing contacts, I can easily decide to call or message them.
    - I can sync contacts from a lot of sources (gmail, yahoo! mail, hotmail, facebook)..
    - Everything looks easy and fast to use (turn on/off wi-fi from the home screen, gps and bluetooth).
    - Notificiation stuff is nice.
    - Android Market, it's easy to use and has some nice apps.
    - How text messaging works (easy to see conversations with a contact).
    - Easy to change things that I need from Market. I didn't like too much the standard notes, so I got another, I wanted another web browser, now I have Opera, I didn't like too much the generic keyboard? easy, get another one. Multimedia browser, don't like it? get another one, it's easy. Camera software, well, I don't take that many pics with a phone, but it's nice to know I have other options, but I'm using the stock camera software.

Now, here is a list of things that I don't like much (not that they're bad):

- Because I just added a lot of different sources for contacts, my contact database soon got pretty hard to keep clean. I ended up exporting every contact I could to gmail (from yahoo! mail and hotmail), deleting all contacts from the phone, adding photos from facebook, stored photos, whatever), and syncing only with gmail. It took me a few hours, but now I do like how it works.

- Hmmm... nothing much really, maybe battery life, but I think it's because I've been using it waaaay more than my previous one.

I'm pretty much sold on Android for my use, I think it was a pretty good choice.

Advertisement

cds0699 likes this.
  2. cds0699

cds0699 Android Expert
    None

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Glad you're enjoying it, the many options you get with Android has always been my favorite part as well :)

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Android Expert
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    geek
    USA
    Great summary, welcome to Android Forums!!! I love Android that's why I spend so much time here. :)

4. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Android Expert
    None

Jan 17, 2011
    What he^^^said. Also the battery life is likely low because you need to adjust some settings