1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Newbie looking for help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by katgirl59, Jun 11, 2011.

1. katgirl59

katgirl59 Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Hi my name is Kat. Just going through tinternet looking for an answer to my problem.

Hi have a Samsung Galaxy Mini, only had it for a couple of weeks. At the bottom of the front page it has the four icons on it ie message contacts, somehow two of these have gone missing lol, have tried everything to put them back ie tap and drag but does not do the trick. I know its not a big problem but it is doing my head in as to how to do it.

Does anyone have an fix it for me PLEASE.

Ta
    Kat:D

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to Android Forums!

Since you have a Samsung Galaxy, I am going to assume you are using the default TouchWiz launcher. There are two places that the icon could be missing from. The first is the home screen. The second is the dock bar. The dock bar is on the very bottom of the screen. If the missing icon was above that, then it was a home screen shortcut.

To replace a home screen shortcut for contacts, open the app drawer and scroll to the contacts icon. Touch and hold the icon (longpress) for a few seconds and you will be taken to the home screen. Without lifting your finger, drag the icon to where yu want it and then let go.

If the missing icon was on the doc bar, longpress the empty space where the icon used to be and when the menu pops up select change shortcut. Select Applications and scroll to contacts. It will put the contacts icon back on your dock bar.