1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Newbie looking for some help to unroot phone!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by moldyzombie, Jan 14, 2013.

1. moldyzombie

moldyzombie New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Hiya!

So a little back story, I had an old android phone, broke it and decided to get a new one. I didn't want to pay 400 bucks for one so I looked at craigslist to find one. I found a pretty decent phone, the seller seemed OK too. I called him, met up with him and bought the phone.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S i9000

Only NOW did I realize it was rooted. Please don't bash on me for that, I'm fairly new to it and wasn't paying attention and wanted a phone quickly and was very inpatient. So yes, I kind of hate myself for it, so no need to bash on the stupidity that is me. -_-

Anyways, I don't really know much about rooting. The only thing I know is that the phone I got is rooted to run Jellybean (?) and it should run something lower so my battery life SUCKS.

I have a couple questions: Should I leave it rooted? Is it good to have it rooted? What are the benefits to unrooting it? SHOULD I unroot it? Will it hurt my phone to unroot it? Will it be better to leave it unrooted? And if it is better to unroot it, HOW the hell do I unroot this thing xD?

Sorry for so many questions :/ but I really need to know.

Thanks for anyone in advance for helping me!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, moldyzombie :).

I've moved your thread over to the Galaxy S - All Things Root forum for you.

No bashing to be had here, by the way :) -- we've got a very friendly and helpful member base here.

Since I don't have experience with your particular device, I can't advise you on your next options, but the good folks here should be able to.

Cheers and again, welcome!

3. moldyzombie

moldyzombie New Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Okay, good haha. I was hoping this forum would be nice to me :)
    And thank you!

scary alien likes this.