• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Need Help on G1?

mbq69

Lurker
Nov 12, 2009
Hi,

I recently bought a G1 on Ebay. I had activate the phone but later i decided that i don't need the data plan but instead i use wifi for my web browsing. Now my problem is that i have to do a soft reset earlier which i took out the battery and insert it back. It load up T-Mobile G1 and then to Android screen but then it just froze and the screen turn black but but i know it's still on. I can't press the power to turn it off. The only option is to take out the battery and reinsert again. I did many time take out the battery and insert it back and it work, from some reason today it doesnt'
By the way, i'm running the current software 1.6 . Are there any other way beside a hard reset? Any comment is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones