1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newbie needing help

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Slagger, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Slagger

Slagger Lurker

Good day to all,
    I'm needing help trying to figure out how to disable my stock messenger so only the Go SMS controls the texting notifications. I'm not very tech savvy (It took me 10 minutes just to figure out how to post my question on here, and not sure I'm posting in the correct area!) So my apologies in advance.

I have an HTC Inspire and just downloaded the Go Launcher Pro and the Go SMS yesterday. I love the themes and the Go SMS is great. My only problem is that I can't completely disable the stock messenger. While the phone is open (or active) and I receive a text, I can open it directly through Go SMS. But.....when the phone is asleep and I here the text notification, I open the phone using the Go Locker (Dark Theme). When I slide my finger across the SMS section of the screen, to open the phone directly to the text message, it goes straight to the stock messenger and not the Go SMS. I've disabled all of the settings I could find in the stock messenger and everything seems to work ok, except this one issue.

Now I can just swipe across the bottom of the screen on the Go Locker Dark Theme, just to unlock the phone, and then go to the Go SMS to get the text. It'd just be nice to use the Go Locker function that slides to open directly to a text.

I don't have ICS or Gingerbread or any of those other items on my phone, and the phone is not rooted (or unrooted?). I am not smart enough to figure that stuff out just yet!

Thanks for any and all help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Extreme Android User

Welcome to AF! TO help you i believe there is an option in GO SMS that will allow it to ignore stock MMS i will look into and get back to you

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Welcome :ciao:,we are glad to have you, hope you enjoy the site.