1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Newbie needs help with Apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ahhgoosh, Sep 26, 2011.

1. ahhgoosh

ahhgoosh Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Very new to Android -- just got my first about 2 weeks ago. I've installed a few Apps on my Optimus S (among them a trivia game and barcode reader) but for the life of me I can't figure out how to access them now that they're on my phone. I'd love to be able to put them on my home screen, but so far the only access I've been able to do with my Apps is managing them, which would only allow me to uninstall them or move them to the SD card -- and that's not helpful. In general, I really want to personalize my home screen since I'm not fond of any of the ID's sprint offers so any help is appreciated. Thanks! :thinking:

Advertisement

2. craftylatvian

craftylatvian Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    On the bottome of your screen, there is an icom made up of little squares. Click on that and it will take you to your page with all the apps.
    Dragging an app to your homepage or any other page: push and hold the app icon until you feel it vibrate, then drag the app to where you want it on the page. To "ttrash" the icon: push and hold the icon on the page, then drag the icon to the trash bin at the bottom of the screen. The app will still be installed on your phone, but the icon is just gone from your homepage.
    Hope this helps. I was very new to this phone a few months ago and now I can't live without it.

3. ahhgoosh

ahhgoosh Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    I tried that god knows how many times and I never saw a bunch of my apps on there -- apparently I just wasn't sliding the screen hard enough! I found them and what you said worked like a charm! Thank you!!!!!!!

4. craftylatvian

craftylatvian Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Same thing happened to me, the screen would not slide and drove me crazy for about 2 days!!!