1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Newbie needs help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oldguard, Jul 16, 2013.

1. oldguard

oldguard Lurker

Newbie here that just downloaded latest Android. Now running 4.1.2 version on Boost Mobile phone. Model Number N861.

After downloading, GMail won't stay sync'ed. Also, Enterprise Outlook won't "push" / Sync?

Also, lost ALL of my Post It Note notes - wiped out.

My Messaging (at bottom of screen) shows I have 2 messages at all times unread when I have ZERO unread. Have deleted that program from front screen and put it back (where it shows no messages) and when I put it at bottom of screen, the 2 msg's show up again....

HELP PLEASE!!

Advertisement

2. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

hello, oldguard! Welcome to the forums! :)

If my research is correct, then we have a forum for you with folk that have your phone.

ZTE Warp Sequent - Android Forums

If that is right, and if you would like, I would be happy to move your post there for you. :)

Otherwise, check it out and maybe ask some questions in there.

Good luck, and thanks for joining!

funkylogik and Mikestony like this.
  3. oldguard

oldguard Lurker

dustwun77

Please move it over. Thank you.

OG

dustwun77 likes this.
  4. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin'

Thread moved to Warp Sequent forum per OP's request.

dustwun77 likes this.
  5. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

well, i can probably explain the post it notes thing. they were most likely stored on the internal memory, which is now deleted... the not syncing im not really sure whats going on there unless you are just getting a horrible connection

dustwun77 likes this.
  6. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

have you checked your gmail sync settings under phone settings, Accounts, Google, your email, to see if gmail is checked? If not it won't sync so check it. If so try unchecking and rechecking it.

7. oldguard

oldguard Lurker

Yep, have gone into Google and re-sync'd it more than once (or twice). It just turns off on it's on.

8. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

If you are full stock and completely unmodified, you could try a factory reset from settings, Backup & Reset, Factory data reset.

Keep in mind this will wipe your phone clean deleting anything you have stored on it. If gmail still doesn't work after that I would consider one of two options:

1. contact zte for a replacement

2. If you are computer savvy and feel like diving in deeper, you could head over to the All Things Root forum

9. oldguard

oldguard Lurker

It also shows 2 Messages in "Messenger" and I have NO unread ones. I removed the Messenger logo from the bottom of the home screen then re-installed it on the home screen and it shows 2 messages. When I look at it (not on my home screen) it shows no messages.
    What gives????

10. SuperR

SuperR Android Expert
    Recognized Developer

Please see post #8 above...the same advice applies here.

11. junkie2100

junkie2100 Android Expert

yea a factory reset sounds like its gonna be your solution. old version of messengers files are saying two messages, new version cant see the messages, or update the number... causes a bit of a conflict. cant say for sure that is whats going on but it certainly seems like a good possibility. i was under the impression that the update did a factory reset, but obviously it doesnt always