1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

NEWBIE!!!needs some help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snowmn970, Feb 4, 2011.

1. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

Alright So,

Im a average tech guy, ive had my fascinate for a few months and finally decided to Root it last night, well i finally got it rooted....now i want to remove satan(bing) and all of his preinstalled apps blockbuster, the mobile im, crap like that...how do i do this? I have downloaded ROM manger, and titanium backup free....what are the next steps...I want to install blackhole or Superclean..Im running DL09..how do i manually do it using adb? jsut some help would be nice lol

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Crucial

Crucial Well-Known Member

If you're sure your phone is now rooted (ie, you've successfully installed the "Superuser" App from the Market), everything from here on out can be done without the help of the computer. (Unless you need to transfer files to the SDCard of course.)

Once your phone is rooted, before doing ANYTHING else, I'd recommend doing a Nandroid backup. To do that:
    1. Power down your phone.
    2. Hold down the volume up, volume down, and power buttons all at the same time. (3 button powerup) to load into recovery.
    3. Navigate to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and press the home softkey (Note: You'll always need to do this virtually everytime you boot into recovery.)
    4. Navigate to "backup and restore" and press the power button.
    5. Navigate to "Backup" and press the power button.

It should start backing up automatically.

Before you install DL30 or any other ROM I recommend you install Titanium Backup from the market. Run it, grant it superuser rights, and backup all your existing apps so you can restore them and the data associated with it later.

Now, once you've done all this. To install DL30:
    1. Download the DL30 Leak from one of the following locations:
    http://rom.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom2.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    http://rom3.galaxysense.com/kaos/DL30-leak.zip
    MIRROR:
    Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Alternatively you can download adrynalyne's Super Clean which removes a lot of bloatware from:
    DL30_super_clean_08.zip
    2. Put the ROM you just downloaded into a folder on your SD Card (I called mine "Root").
    3. Power down
    4. 3 Button power up into recovery.
    5. Navigate to "apply sdcard:update.zip" and press the home softkey.
    6. Navigate to "wipe date/factory reset" and select it with the power button. (It might ask you to confirm. I honestly don't remember.)
    Note: You may want to preform this step twice just to be sure it wiped everything.
    Note2: This does NOT erase your SD card.
    7. Navigate to "wipe cache paritition" and select it.
    8. Navigate to advanced and select it
    9. Navigate to "wipe dalvik cache" and select it.
    10. Press the "Search" softkey to return to the main menu.
    11. Move to "choose zip from sdcard" and press the power button to select it.
    12. Navigate to the "Root" folder (or whatever you named the folder) and select it.
    13. Navigate to the "DL30-Leak.zip" file and select it. (OR the super clean zip file if that's what you chose)
    14. Navigate down to "Yes – Install blah blah blah file here" and select it. (Wait for the package to complete.)
    Note: This file has a kernel inside it, anytime you replace the kernel of the phone the screen goes all crazy for a few second. Just let it's do it's thing.)
    15. Press the "Search" softkey to get back to the main menu, and select "reboot system now".
    Note: Booting after this might take a couple of minutes. After the Samsung logo disappears you'll find that your screen is black but the softkeys will light up if you touch them. This is normal. It could take 5-10 minutes for the phone to boot for the first time. If however, you feel the phone vibrate periodically every 10-30 seconds that might be a sign that the install didn't go according to plan. In which case you may need to try the DL30 installation again.

Disclaimer: As with everything, I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. I'm just trying to help you achieve what you're looking to do.

3. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

Well i tried to do the update.zip thing and it just goes part way and then i get the triangle with the red ! and the message says something about E: failed blah blah blah, i dont think it has the update.zip, do i not create the zip through the titanium backup?

4. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

it says E: signature verification failed, installation aborted

5. nunyazz

nunyazz Android Enthusiast

Do you have CWM installed?

6. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

clockwork? No i dont think so:(

7. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

After root, you need to get odin and push clockwork to your phone. Then open rom manager and click flash clockwork recovery TWICE. Now you can boot into recovery and do the backup. Can't backup without clockwork recovery, aka cwr or cwm. Then pay for titanium backup and just freeze what you don't want. I wouldn't recomend deleting it just yet.

Bob

8. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Never ever ever ever ever use the "phone" button in odin. ALWAYS use pda. Phone button=brick!

9. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

mmmk i jsut got odin, now i have to DL clockwork onto my comp and push it in to my phone? any forum tutorials on how to?

10. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

when trying to install clockwork, i open in odin and then select PDA and select CWMrecovery.tar and hit start and it says invaild image...wtf does that mean?

11. snowmn970

snowmn970 Lurker

check image type*actually

12. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Turn phone off. Pull battery. Hold volume down button in while pluggin in usb. Open odin. Should have a yellow box in the top upper left corner. Click pda, select file. Click start. Should work if you are rooted.

13. Bob-o

Bob-o Android Enthusiast

Turn off phone. Pull battery. Hold volume down button while pluggin into usb. Open odin. should be a yellow box in upper left corner. Click pda, select file, click start. Should work if your rooted. There is a tutural at the top of all things root. It will tell you in dialog box passed/failed when done. Put battery back in. Reboot. Open rom manager. Click flash clockwork recovery TWICE. reboot into recovery. If it takes you to samsung stock recovery, use volume button, scroll down to apply zip from sd card. Hit home soft key. Now you are in clockwork. Scroll down to backup/restore. Hit power button. Scroll to backup. Hit power button. It will now backup your setup. Before flashing, use titanium backup to back up apps and whatnot.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews