1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Newbie Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sonchezz, Aug 11, 2012.

1. sonchezz

sonchezz Lurker

New to android and I've run into several problems and wonder if anyone can help me out.

Using a Droid Incredible 2 from Verison
    Was running stock everything
    hboot .98
    and gingerbread 2.3.4

mistakenly rooted using this guide http://androidforums.com/incredible...ow-unlock-downgrade-achieve-s-off-htcdev.html

followed verbatim upthorugh step 3 except replaced the clockwork recovery with the incredible 2 version and then attempted to flash cyanogen mod

Now my phone will not boot past the startup animation.

I've been trying to figure out either how to get back where I was or how to move forward with cyanogen

if it helps, I'm still s-on and unlocked from htcunlock.

would appreciate any help

I have attempted to flash gingerbread via bootloader but it has been failing

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sonchezz

sonchezz Lurker

Update: although cyanogen still doesn't want to load, after finding a striped version of the stock rom [ROM] 6.01.605.05 Stock OTA ROM (6/27/2012) - xda-developers and installing it in clockwork mod recovery I'm now running with something very similar to the stock rom again.

still would like any help on booting into other things

3. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert

With s-on you have to flash ROMs with a kernel differently. I think you extract boot.img and flash it separately. S-off is much better.

4. zaza224

zaza224 Lurker

I have rooted my Droid Incredible 1 (I haven't tried it with my Incredible 2 yet) by just unlocking the bootloader with htc dev, flashing clockwork mod recovery, flashing superuser, and finally, flashing cyanogenmod. Hope this helps! :)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews