1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

newbie problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Newb11, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Newb11

Newb11 Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    Hello,

I have rooted my s2 and tried some (stupid...?) things. Which means that if I boot the phone it will only show the samsung loge and the GT-I9100 code with the yellow triangle. If I boot into recovery (I thought I flashed CWM the right way) there is only this screen which asks me to select with the volume button either to notmal boot or to install an custom OS. In the link at the end you can see how my recovey looks and I also have tried to flash CWM the way they suggest in this link. The flashing works (at least: my phone is showing that he is downloading something and boots) but when the phone boots there is just the samsung logo again and not the CWM recovery.
    I think I can still flas a recovery and ROM in this download mode but I don't know how. Can anybode please help me?

The mentioned link in which you can see what my recovery looks like and how I tried to flas CWM: (since I am a nebie and cannot posts links I had to change the . into ,)

galaxys2root, com/galaxy-s2-root/how-to-install-clockworkmod-recovery-on-rooted-galaxy-s2-i9100/

Thanks, David.

Advertisement

2. ironass

ironass Android Expert

Aug 17, 2010
    Male
    Keeping one step ahead of the Tax man
    Cotswolds, England
    Hello and welcome to Android Forums Newb11! :)

You seem to have got yourself into a bit of a pickle with CM. Not unusual for this ROM. Rather than messing around trying to sort it out, I would suggest downloading and flashing the stock Samsung firmware for your phone, to get it back to a known, stable, working, condition. The download and flashing instructions are in the link, #1.7, of the Jelly Bean update - Dummies Guide and are fairly straightforward and easy to follow.

Then you could root your phone by carefully reading and following the step-by-step, Rooting Galaxy S2 - Dummies Guide.

Once rooted then you could install a stable ROM such as the latest NEAT ROM 4.4.2 based on KitKat.

3. Newb11

Newb11 Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2014
    Thanks for your solution! I flashed original Android rom succesfully, rooted and installed CWM correctly. I will check the stable rom you mentioned.

Thanks for your help,

David