1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Newbie Q: What will Android 2.0 do for the Moment

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Johnny Cakes, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    I've seen so many threads on Android 2.0 and it seems likes lots of people are really excited about having it on the Moment.

Here's my question: What exactly can I expect when the Moment is upgraded to Android 2.0? Will it just be faster/smother or will there be other benefits?

Advertisement

2. PiggyGirl

PiggyGirl Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    TX
    I think it will be faster & smoother based on the simple fact that it's being upgraded. (Similar to the upgrade from XP/Vista to Windows 7--i.e. new and improved.) It may even feel like a new phone, when we finally get it, depending on how many more revisions Google makes between now and then (and that's assuming Samsung & Sprint will keep us current).

3. jebrank

jebrank Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    http://android.com

We will get the ability to do more, all software in android market should work too! Google NAV!

4. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    hopefully it fixes bt, agps and other issues posted in this forum. i much rather have this fixed then getting 2.0.

5. jebrank

jebrank Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    There is suppose to be a patch/upgrade coming out just for that. It was suppose to be 12/15, from what I have read in past Well see!

6. ABH

ABH Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Manhattan, KS
    Multiple Gmail account support and Google nav are the two biggies.

Overall speed should also be improved.

7. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    World peace and the end of childhood poverty. Oh, and the beginning of the "when will we get 3.0" threads.

8. Tyrahn

Tyrahn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2009
    Theatre Technical Director
    Milwaukee, WI
    The fast and simple list:

Improvements in Android 1.6:
    -Google search widget is capable of searching content on phone as well as web, including: contacts, texts messages, and SD card contents.
    -Improvements to the camera, mostly speed improvements.
    -Ability to use VPNs.
    -New battery meter which will show what processes are using more of your battery.
    -Improvements to Google Market.
    -Software support for location via wireless networks (aGPS)

Improvements in Android 2.0:
    -Ability to sync multiple user accounts at once.
    -"quick contacts" feature added: click on a contact's picture to get a pop-up menu allowing you to quickly call, message, e-mail, facebook, ect ...
    -Native MS Exchange support.
    -Improvements to the camera software, including digital zoom, and manual white balance controls.
    -Improvements to the virtual keyboard.
    -Significant browser improvements, including the ability to tap the URL bar to type a web address.
    -Double-tap zoom support, and (allegedly) multi-touch support.
    -Bluetooth 2.1 software support.
    -New framework APIs support some newer apps such as turn-by-turn nav for Google Maps, and Google Goggles (among many others).

And these are just Android improvements, Sprint/Samsung would likely include phone specific bug fixes in addition to the OS update.

Clark