• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie question about built in "Contacts" app on an Android phone

Vesbon

Apr 24, 2010
If I get an Android phone, such as HTC Hero or Nexus One (if it comes to Sprint), is the default "Contact" app "Gmail Contacts"? That is, will it automatically sync my Gmail Contacts to the phone's internal "Contacts" database?

I like the idea of pushing everything to Gmail (including all my contact info) and I'd love it if the Android phone would sync with all the contacts in Gmail. That way, I will always be backed up and never have to worry about loosing the 500 or so contacts I've built up over the years on my current Palm Treo phone.

If I don't like the built-in Contact app on whatever Android phone I end up with, are there better apps for sale that will also sync with Gmail's contacts?

Thanks,
Vesbon

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones