1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Newbie Question! Serious Help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cclark149, Jul 24, 2011.

1. cclark149

cclark149 Lurker
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    Ok I am completely freaking out. My phone has no sound and ive done everything that i possibly can to try and get the sound back. i dont know what to do to unroot my phone. i rooted it with superoneclick and unrooted it im guessing with a different program i tried using ruu and tryed to take it back to normal to where i would have sound but i keep getting an error code saying my usb connection isnt working. i think it was error code 170. i just got this phone about a month ago. i was trying to get my phone to where i could access the android market and get free apps like i did when i jailbroke my iphone. i like the customization part of it too. but i have absolutely no sound what so ever on my phone and if anyone could help me i would greatly apprectiate it. sorry if this question has been asked mulitiple times but ive searched everywhere and so far nothing has worked.

Advertisement

2. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 2, 2011
    Network Administrator
    Arizona
    Have you tried flashing a rom yet? I'm not positive, but rooting the phone downgrades the system which may be what broke the sound. Try flashing a rom (make sure you clear the dalvik, factory reset etc) and see if that fixes it. Tons of instructions over on XDA forums to help you through that.