• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie Question

Which Launcher should I use?

• Total voters
I just started playing around with Launcher Pro and ADW this morning. Is there a guide to customize them with different widgets and such? I like the look better than SENSE, but I don't know where to DL widgets and whatnot. Also, which one do you suggest I use (ADW or LauncherPRo) Thanks in advance!

i can't speak to ADW, but there is a topic titled "how to use launcher pro" and the OP is very useful to a new user of the app. i'll try to get the link for you and edit this post if no one beats me to it.

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/124474-how-use-launcherpro.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Beautiful Widgets is a popular package that ppl get for non-Sense launchers. SwitchPro is also popular for replacing the Sense radio toggles. Both are paid apps.

Also take a look at the screenies thread (one of the stickied threads). A lot of people will tell you what widgets they used to get the look they are showcasing.

Upvote 0
well, you dont even need to uninstall; you just make it so that Sense becomes your "home Screen"..and, when you go back to Sense, everything looks "HTC" like..
If you go back to ADW or LP again, your screens go back to the "default" ADW or LaunchPro, and you have to re-configure them all over again..sort of a pain, but it only takes about 30 minutes to get everything back to how it was
I keep a sheet of paper with my screen layouts on them, incase I do go back and forth..
If you could put the HTC Homescreen in Landscsape, I would stick with it, but since you cant, its always gonna be an alternative launcher for me..

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
If you go back to ADW or LP again, your screens go back to the "default" ADW or LaunchPro, and you have to re-configure them all over again..sort of a pain, but it only takes about 30 minutes to get everything back to how it was
I keep a sheet of paper with my screen layouts on them, incase I do go back and forth..

Both ADW and LPro allow you to back up your homescreens to your SD card. Check the settings. I am still undecided which launcher to use. So I've configured all three and switch through them occasionally to compare.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones