1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Newbie questions and comments

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by affirmwealth, Oct 25, 2011.

1. affirmwealth

affirmwealth Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    First, for anyone that has a Walmart Family Mobile sim card, this phone works perfectly. I bought it at Radio Shack for $99.

This is my first Android phone and I LOVE it!!! Very happy.

I have a few questions though:

1. I keep running out of internal phone memory. I have to uninstall apps all the time trying to make space. Is there any way that I can get rid of the bloatware WITHOUT rooting? I don't mind rooting except the phone works GREAT as it is with the exception of the internal memory issue.

2. Before this, I had a Nokia Nuron. One thing I liked not only about Nokia phones, but every phone I had before that, is that the phone came with software that I could install on my computer and make backups of everything that was on my phone.

With the Nuron this was essential, because there were quite a few times that I had to reset the phone and I don't know what I would have done without the backups.

With the LG, I did not receive any software. I thought it would automatically install once I connected the phone to my computer, but no go. So I Googled it and downloaded the driver and installed that, then downloaded and installed the mobile support tool, but when I connect my phone, nothing happens.

What next?

Advertisement

2. affirmwealth

affirmwealth Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    To answer my questions, for some reason when I upgraded my netflix app, it freed up 15 MB of internal memory.
    Also, I Downloaded my phone explorer And activated usb debugging And I was able to install software to backup my phone data to the computer

Tags: